When you write a cheque, its initial status is “Pending” means not paid (realized) yet. After making the payment from the bank, cheque status becomes “Paid”. If you cancelled a cheque, its status should be “Cancelled”. If your cheque returned, status should be “Returned”.
To update the status of a cheque:
- Click on the “Report” menu
- Select options from given filters, that will show your cheque in the report
- Click on the “Next” button to view the report
- From there, select the cehques you want to change status. For an example, if you want to update status in to “Paid” select cheques by clicking on the empty box at the beginning of the cheque record. Select the status you want to change to (e.g. “Paid”) from the drop down list at the bottom of the page.
- Click on “Update” button to change status of selected cheques.